BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hershey Moore



I never understood television. It conveys a sense of “Want” to the viewer, often times getting in the way of “Need”. This has always felt like a poor attempt at persuading me to purchase the new Seinfeld box set. It irritates me so much that it almost becomes amusing. I find myself laughing at commercials and Jersey Shore, realizing that we literally watch a bunch of people playing pretend nearly 75% of our days. Thinking of it this way tempts me to break out the sandbox and invite some children over, but I doubt that would get me a spot on the wonderful television! I suppose this is why I should risk my own life just for fifteen seconds of fame. 


I am finding myself wanting a more primitive life everyday, and television is  one of those things that keeps me from doing so. It’s not that I hate television, I don’t, I just find its attempts at demonstrating reality quite annoying. I would like to be at some place where I could feel everything around me for what it is. Not for what I was told it was, not for what I think I should I think it is, just for what it is. 


I’m sure by the time I’m done surfing through the channels I’ll eventually find something worth watching, right? No, because I didn’t choose the appropriate corresponding plan. The point of this whole thing was to say that by not watching television I have become much more aware of the world around me, believe it or not the amount of TV in your life does affect things. 


-D

0 comments: